Friday 13 April 2012

One Percenta

Reasons to be cheerful have been a little thin on the ground. But after the rain the sun always shines. I have lots of reasons to be thankful, grateful and positive, cheerful is a bit harder to muster. Good things are still happening though;

1. AJ Jacobs has a new book out. Ironically about his quest for healthfulness. I'm hoping the price drops a bit, or that AJ reads this and sends me one.
2. I have a kindle. This I love. The free samples are meaty enough to decide whether you want to purchase a book and the comfort of reading without holding heavy tomes whilst lying down is a godsend.
3. Garrison Keillor writes a good and funny story. Pontoon was my first discovery of Lake Wobegon and I have since read another.
4. The Sweet Potato Queen is also quite ok, except for CRAZY annoying CAPITALISATION. I hate being told constantly what to emphasise. Just saying.
5. Messages from strangers, who are not strange. Thank you Jenny and Jodee.
6. Messages from Team Members who are struggling with their own problems, yet always find the time and the right words to make me feel a part of something much bigger.

I know that Rachel, Cheryl, Lisa and Carole are there for us all. Their dignity and grace is something I truly aspire to. Team mate Bill is not doing too well, pray for him and his family. Zac's post was heartbreaking and wonderful in the same breath. Other team mates are recuperating from surgery or facing the never ending onslaught of medical intervention. We are all in this together. (Ben Lee song - worth a listen)

Medical news just keeps getting more baffling for moi. My port is settling in, still not painless, but ok. My wound is healing up well and all looks good for start of chemo on the 24th April. I have had a CT scan and a PET scan this past week. Frustratingly the CT shows all clear. This we know to be garbage after my recent surgery and pathology. Apparently my cancer does not show up on this type of scan. I want to be in the 1% club of people who win lotto, not the 'less than 1% of all cancers' group. I knew before I was different, this just confirms it huh.

Love to all xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juanita,

    It's good to see you back on your blog. ' Tis true it's often hard to find things to skip about about, but acknowledging that which you wouldn't put in a skip is good too...

    I love to read...my 'drug of choice'.

    Take care and keep strong

    Gabi

    ReplyDelete