Thursday 23 February 2012

Stress makes it hard to enjoy last few days of freedom :-(

Signs of stress;
1. Lack of appetite. More than usual, so that means next to NOTHING to eat. That cannot be healthy.
2. Super Tiredness. Yes, capital letter tiredness. It is blah.....
3. Way over-emotional. I am Woman. I am already predisposed to this kind of behaviour, but really!
     ....Tears two times over The Restaurant Inspector! You must be joking.

I know a regular amount of lifestyle stress is normal. Rushing around to get meals, drop children at school on time before getting yourself to work on time. Making sure everyone has clean clothing, clean bodies and that food is readily available in the cupboards and fridge. Making sure you remember birthdays, outings, sport and paying bills, all on the right day and time! But waiting to hear from the surgeon who is performing your major surgery next week is quite another type of stress.

Oh, I forgot;
4. Headache....horrible, nagging 'all-day-even-with-4-hourly-panadol' type headache. The type we all know as a 'stress headache', I rest my case.

I saw Prof Moroz yesterday morning at 9.45am. I left home at 7.15am as it is a long drive in peak-hour traffic to the hospital. I was expecting to find out about my surgery, in detail. It has been 10 days since my laparoscopy and even longer since discovering the new tumour, so really I am getting a little antsy. But my appointment was kind of short and he said he still had to organise the Fremantle Hospital or Joondalup...rah rah, I checked out a bit then. What, it's not booked yet? Huh. Prof said he would ring me today or tomorrow and confirm which hospital, and which day next week. Well that is fine. For him. I have sat near the phone like a lovesick teenager for over 30 hours now. As always, the waiting is worse than the getting-on-with-it. If he rings, it is going to be tomorrow now I figure. I am dreading that he will say it is all organised for Monday morning or something, I want at least a few more days of freedom. Even if they are darn hard to enjoy at the moment.

Love to all xx

3 comments:

  1. Waiting...ugh! My thoughts are with you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angel, your own news is great! We will be recuperating at the same time by the sound of things. :-) x

      Delete
  2. Sending good vibes all the way from Sheboygan.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete