Saturday 28 July 2012

Okey Dokey then

A month between posts. A lot has been going on, but I have been keeping up with my team mates as always. Angel's stunning photos, however simple the scene, are a joy. Sheri and Eric inspire me. Sheri with her faith and courage and Eric with his humour. I still think of Rachel regularly. Especially now as I prepare for the Mother of All Surgeries. I have just returned from a three day visit to Sydney (my first) to meet the Professor and his team at St George Hospital. He and everyone else at the hospital have made me as confident as I can be that this is the right path for me. I will have my surgery within a month or so, date to be confirmed this week. Peritonectomy and HIPEC. This is going to be huge...

Love to all xx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Juanita! I hope to hear from you in less than a month but if I don't, good luck with your surgery. Life does get busy and that is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Eric, tell Sheri I even feel guilty for not posting regularly enough! Yes a busy life is a good thing. Home schooling and work travel must make your lives incredibly full yet you make the world feel smaller and warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Juanita, good to see you back on here. Glad you enjoy the pics. Re crafting I would recommend getting a load of stuff in before your op if you're that way inclined. I find it very therapeutic to have creative projects on the go, even when I can't manage much at one time. But it's very frustrating if you don't have all the gear to hand and you're not in a fit state to go trudging round the shops or even trawling the internet. Probably if you feel like doing some crafts you feel like a change from the internet you know! It's also a nice life affirming activity when you're getting ready for major surgery to be preparing for pleasant things to do afterwards. Thinking of you anyhows
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Juanita -- Found you by accident! I had the MOAS 2 1/2 years ago, and remember both the crazy anxiety and the amazing clarity of those days. Best of luck to you : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, glad to hear you are well after surgery. I am positive and looking forward to my 'new life' after this! Thanks again x

      Delete